TOWN OF ST. STEPHEN
RECEPTIONIST AND HOSPITALITY ATTENDANT – Casual Position
The Receptionist and Hospitality Attendant is responsible for reception, administrative, financial, and clerical duties, customer service, and the hosting of events at the Town of St. Stephen and the Garcelon Civic Center to ensure the efficient operations and effective customer service in both facilities. This person will provide friendly and welcoming service to guests and patrons. The attendant will report directly to the Administrative and Accounting Coordinator at the Garcelon Civic Center.
Flexible hours of work required including days, evenings, and weekends.
The preferred qualifications include:
- College diploma in business administration and/or hospitality
- Experience equal to three years hospitality, customer service/reception, event planning, or a closely related field.
- Experience equal to three years in accounting or closely related field.
- Computer literacy – competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, website design, accounting software, payroll procedures, and employment records
- Ability to work collaboratively and adapt to a variety of work situations
- Effective communication verbally and in writing
- Effective time management to prioritize, to manage multiple demands, meet deadlines, and respond calmly to challenging situations.
- Valid driver’s license and a clear criminal record check.
An emphasis will be given to individuals who also have:
- Previous experience with Worker’s Compensation, Canada Revenue Agency forms, and insurance forms.
For a full job description, please visit www.town.ststephen.nb.ca.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Town of St. Stephen
73 Milltown Blvd., Suite 112
St. Stephen, NB E3L 1G5
Attn: Alison Estey
Or by email to: email@example.com
Or fax to 506-466-7701
Please reference competition number 01(A)-2019
Closing Date: 4:00 p.m. February 8, 2019
The Town of St. Stephen thanks all respondents; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.