The Hospitality and Events Assistant is responsible for assisting the Events Development Coordinator with the scheduling, planning and execution of events on behalf of the Town of St. Stephen, including but not limited to, regular Town events and festivals as well as all events held within the Garcelon Civic Center. The Hospitality and Events Assistant is also responsible for assisting the Events Development Coordinator with the general accounting associated with the department, including the canteens at the Garcelon Civic Center, and with supervising student event staff during events within the Town of St. Stephen and the Garcelon Civic Center. This person will provide hospitable service to guests and patrons at all times.
Flexible hours of work required including days, evenings, and weekends.
The preferred qualifications include:
- Diploma in business administration and/or hospitality or a minimum of Grade 12 and 3 years of hospitality experience, including administrative and supervisor duties.
- Computer literacy – competence with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Word-Press, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively and adapt to a variety of work situations
- Effective communication verbally and in writing
- Effective time management to prioritize, to manage multiple demands, meet deadlines, and respond calmly to challenging situations.
- Valid driver’s license and a clear criminal record check.
An emphasis will be given to individuals who also have:
- Previous experience with inventory purchasing and control.
- Previous experience in customer service, hospitality, or event planning
- Previous experience with bookkeeping.
For a full job description, please visit www.town.ststephen.nb.ca.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Town of St. Stephen
73 Milltown Blvd., Suite 112
St. Stephen, NB E3L 1G5
Attn: Alison Estey
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fax to 506-466-7701
Please reference competition number 02(A)-2019
Closing Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 4pm
The Town of St. Stephen thanks all respondents; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.